Sunday, January 16, 2011

back in hawaii



It is so good to be back in Wahiawa, Hawaii with Surfing the Nations. This morning as I woke up and thought about the things that I have been wanting to meditate on and just spend some time in the presence of the Lord about, I immediately was consumed by my immediate needs. I moved out onto the back porch and decided to bask in the presence of God outside. I took one look at the sunrise and knew my needs were nothing but God. God told me, "Just as I placed the stars in the sky and paint the morning sky, so I will provide for you."




It is so good to have such a loving father.




As I said, being back is so good. I love STN, but I also love Wahiawa. I wish everyone could experience how amazing Wahiawa is. The nicest people live here. I know that the street I live on has been invaded by evil and serious drug trade, and dealers live on every side of our apartment complex, but that doesn't mean they aren't nice people. I love walking down the street and being able to stop and talk with people. Wahiawa is a place where people walk. Not everyone has cars, and definitely not every family has 5 cars like the neighborhoods I've lived in the mainland had and so people walk. By the simple act of walking and not driving, one is exposed to a whole other world. One that doesn't speed past you at 45 miles per hour disconnecting one from everything, but is right there and one has the privilege of stopping and smelling the flowers if wanted and can stop and talk story with people also.




I had the blessed privilege of helping out at Feeding the Hungry Wahiawa last Tuesday. It was awesome. It was so great to reconnect with some of the people I had met two summers ago. I reconnected with Tony Girl, a woman who lives in the park up the street. She was so excited to tell me that she is clean. She made the decision because she wanted to be apart of her 3 grand kids lives. Another person I met two summers ago late at night while they were working the streets is also doing well. It is the best feeling to know that I am simply doing life with those around me.




Life is good. So so good.

No comments: